Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day at Night Project

My mom showed me this morning an article of people's photos that were taken at night, but it looks as if it was taken in brod day-light! Here's the site: http://gizmodo.com/5742383/175-photos-of-day-taken-at-night

I was much inspired by the photos, that I thought about how the heck did these people do it. Well when you use a slow shutter speed, the shutter closes very slowly allowing a lot of light to enter the camera. So all the light that is in the area of the place you are taking the photo, is absorbed in the camera making it look like day-light!

So I tried it out tonight and I accomplished it!



It was basically pitch black when I came outside besides the lamppost which is to the left (not in the picture) and the other lamppost down the street. Setting my shutter speed very low and my exposure very high, it made it much brighter. It's not quite like the photos on the website, but if i experiment more maybe I can get it like them. But unfortunately it was cloudy, unlike last night the star's were shining bright which would have been a good time to a take a picture.

1 comment: